SVEConnect

Haletown Volunteer Fire Department Responds to Structure Fire

Photos provided

At 7:00 Tuesday morning, the Haletown Volunteer Fire Department responded to a structure fire at the 300 block of Rankins Cove Road.

Haletown and Jasper Fire Department firefighters quickly extinguished the fire, keeping it from spreading to other nearby structures.

One female was inside the structure at the time of the fire and drove herself to the hospital prior to the fire department’s arrival. We have no updates on her condition.

The fire was allegedly caused by an unattended candle. No firefighters were injured.