SVEConnect

Residential Fire in Haletown on Monday

Photos provided

At 8:09 Monday morning, the Haletown Volunteer Fire Department responded to a structure fire at the 200 block of East Hills Road. Jasper and Kimball Fire Departments reported to the scene.

Firefighters were able to contain the fire in the kitchen area of the home. The rest of the structure received smoke damage.

The American Red Cross was notified to assist the residents. There were no injuries.

As a reminder, the Haletown Fire Department still offers free installation of 10-year smoke detectors.