Shop the NEW Food City in Kimball!

Home Fire in Stevenson on Friday

On Friday, at approximately 6 PM, the Stevenson Fire Department responded to the area of the 6th Street and Broad Street intersection. Upon arrival fire crews discovered the fire inside a bedroom in a modular home. The flames were extinguished within 6 minutes and during overhaul it was discovered that an inside pet had chewed a power cord lying on the bed causing the fire.

It is good practice to keep doors closed, especially if a fire is inside a residence. This can slow the spread of the fire and cut off fuel. Stevenson Police Department and North Alabama Electric Cooperative Fiber assisted at the scene.