Shop the NEW Food City in Kimball!

Camper Fire at Shellmound Campground Leaves One Injured

Photos provided

Just before 5 Monday morning, Haletown Volunteer Fire Department and the Jasper Fire Department responded to the Shellmound Campground for a camper fire.

After arriving on the scene, firefighters began protecting exposure to nearby RVs and vehicles while another team directly attacked the fire. Thanks to the hard work of the firefighters on the scene, other nearby campers and RVs received only minimal damage. The fire was allegedly caused by an improperly used space heater.

The only occupant in the camper was able to escape with only minor injuries. There were no injuries to firefighters.